xable.net

Discussion Forums

You are not logged in.

Announcement

There will be one final update to see out XP, when I cannot say for sure but there will definatly be another update.

I have recently upgraded to W7 and found it to be full of silly yet seriously restrictive usability regressions. I will most definitely miss XP, microsoft seem to have forgoten it's the little things that make all the difference.

#51 08-09-09 15:03

fjorger

Re: Microsoft Update Engine v7.4.7600.226

Hi Xable,

Never mind, we should be the ones saying "thank you" wink
As always you are already on top of things.

Keep up the great work.

Regards,

FJorgeR.

08-09-09 15:03

Advertisement

#52 29-10-09 19:28

Darren
(aka xable)

This is finaly been pushed through to WU so I've updated the addon. smile

#53 30-10-09 02:01

fjorger

Thanks Xable,

I will give it a try when I build a new Windows XP SP3 CD (hopefully soon).

Best Regards,

FJorgeR.

#54 08-12-09 22:31

kiki burgh

appreciate this ... cheers!

#55 15-02-11 00:58

spebph

Microsoft have released version 7.4.7600.229 of this update. Please could you update this as soon as you get chance.

#56 19-02-11 11:13

Darren
(aka xable)

It's not being pushed through to WU yet, I'll update when it is.

#57 15-07-11 18:40

JStanley

I've created a toolbar button for IE with the standard 'muweb' icon that redirects the user to Microsoft Update from within Internet Explorer, but I am unsure of how to implemement this into an addon pack or integrate this into the current Microsft Update Addon (xable_MicrosoftUpdateEngine-v1.6_addon.cab).

I don't really know how to do this properly, since the nLite instructions aren't really helpful, especially regarding multiple registry entries required in an INF or ENTRIES.INI using 'Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00' (XP).

Is there any way to include this in your Addon Pack or create a new pack for this feature?
sad

(P.S. Thanks for all of the great work!! tongue)

Last edited by JStanley (15-07-11 18:42)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/xable/xable.net/forums/include/parser.php on line 821

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/xable/xable.net/forums/include/parser.php on line 821

#58 16-07-11 00:30

Darren
(aka xable)

If using icons inside resources you just need to add the registry info, convert it to INF format and add it to the [AddReg] section in mu.inf.

Board footer